While integrity is the most powerful trait to win over, corruption is the most potent weapon to conquer.
Corruption is more powerful than any weapon invented ever to destroy your enemy. Corruption is a slow poison that kills a community, using its own people and resources with minimum bloodshed and cost. Corruption is a creeping guerrilla warfare damaging the target slowly, steadily and unobtrusively. Corruption is an invisible weapon; once triggered it goes into auto pilot with no fuel to keep it running. It generates its own fuel and spreads wherever it can reach unobtrusively. Our enemies use ‘corruption’ effectively to slowly destroy our unity. ‘Corruption’ is used surreptitiously as a powerful bait on the lower rungs of security establishment. Corruption is used to gain information, access, plant destructive devices and walk away with no foot prints left, making it difficult to trace the origin, to be used as an evidence.
Corruption, if used ingeniously and patiently enables even a Lilliput to conquer an Oliver. Such is the power of destruction of this unobtrusive weapon. ‘Corruption’ is part of a larger design of intrigue, where the fence eats the crop. Corruption has been used in ancient times (Puranas) to corrupt the mind of enemy’s men to make them wage war (non-cooperation) against their own master and in turn achieving the objective. The same weapon is now destroying our society though without an identifiable hand behind it. Should we allow this self- destruction to work towards our own end?
http://studiodebonair.com/?p=2 Business of consulting
- Consultant: will borrow your watch to tell the time and walk away with the watch! uncharitable description?
- Opportunity in sunny and rainy times: exploit latent opportunities, problem solving, avert an impending decline, uncover emerging threats and latent opportunities
- Bring to surface latent opportunity through external and internal data analysis, bold interpretation to unlock hidden value
- Results in terms of tangible value unleashed; strategic intervention leading to a positive domino effect
- Client commitment to implement recommendations holistically determines impact, laws of integration and indivisibility come into play
- Typical assignments: Diagnostic, strategy, impact evaluation, analysis and appraisal, organisation structuring, market research, business plans, process reengineering, performance evaluation & improvement, information systems,corporate and strategic planning, financial planning, investment feasibility and advisory services, bid evaluation and negotiations, socioeconomic surveys, other tailor made assistances
- Clients could be
- Government Departments
- Regulatory / Infrastructure service agencies
- International / bilateral funding agencies (DFI, IFI, MFA, BFA, IDAs,..)
- Industry associations
- Overseas / domestic investors
- Exciting profession: travel, exploring and experimenting, networking, learning, earning….
In order that governments do not take their masters (citizens) for granted and recognise their existence only in the run up to the elections, it appears prudent for progressive democracies to include good governance, liberally defined, as a fundamental right of citizens. This alone will make governments in developing democracies accountable to the citizens.
Governance issues in democracy are many and varied. Poor governance include discrimination in application of laws, non responsiveness to citizen issues, transparency of rules and their effective and uniform implementation, corruption, misuse of privileges and office, lack of public debate on larger issues, nepotism in dispensing state benefits and favours, opaqueness and evasive tactics, delay in award of justice, low access to information, misuse of state machinery.
Good governance should be made a fundamental right to be enforceable through a court of law